How to do a Race Substitution
You will need to log into your race profile using the credentials supplied to you with your race entry confirmation email. Once logged in you will find an option to "Transfer Entry" to process a substitution. From here simply follow the system prompts. A voucher code will be issued to the person giving up their entry and this voucher code will then need to be used by the new entrant.
The new entrant must then visit www.sowetomarathon.com and proceed to the Soweto Marathon entries. They will process the entry as per normal however when they reach payment stage they must then use the substitution voucher they have received. Once the voucher has been used the additional charges must be paid via credit/debit card. The EFT option may not be used to pay for any substitutions, downgrades or upgrades. You may only pay for the amount due using the CREDIT or DEBIT CARD option. Payments done with the EFT PAYMENT OPTION will not be accepted and will not be REFUNDED.
- Access the normal entry portal via www.sowetomarathon.com and proceed with an entry
- Process entry as per normal
- When you reach the payment page you must first choose payment via Voucher code
- Enter your voucher code and proceed
- There is NO EFT Payment option available for substitutions, any payments made via EFT will NOT be REDFUNDED
- Once the entry has been given up, the person giving up the entry may not enter another race category for this year's Old Mutual Soweto Marathon except via a substitution.
- There will be a subsitution fee of R50 plus any applicable administration fees. This will be payable by the new entrant (substitute) on completion of their entry.
- If a runner transfers (substitutes) their entry, it is the runner's responsibility to collect the entry fee from the runner who has claimed their entry.
- No refunds will be processed by the event and no entrant may onsell their entry for more than the entry fee. Any person found doing this will be reported to their club and the relevant provincial and national bodies.
- Any products purchased with the original race entry will NOT pass across to the new entrant - ONLY the race entry and T-Shirt will be transferred, PLEASE NOTE that the original entrants selection for size will be passed onto the new entrant, the new entrant will not be able to change the size.
- The merchandise for the entry given up will be available for collection by the original entrant at the information desk at race number collection (the original entrant will NOT be entitled to a T-Shirt).
- Entries done with a sponsors voucher can not be substituted.
- Once the substitution window is closed no further subsitutions will be possible.
- There will be no substitutions or changes permissable at race number collection or after the substitution window period has closed.
- Runners who would like to upgrade or downgrade their distance will be allowed to do so. Please note that in the case of an upgrade the runner will be responsible for the fee difference, but in the case of a downgrade no refunds will be given.
- There will also be a distance change fee of R50 plus any applicable administration fees.
- This will be payable by the entrant on completion of their distance change.
- Please note that the race will not be allowing downgrades from the Marathon, as per race rules.
- Login to your entry, select "EDIT" and amend the "Distance Change" field which can be found beneath the "Distance" field.
- Once done select update, which will take you to payment page.
- The EFT PAYMENT OPTION may not be used to pay for any substitutions, downgrades or upgrades. You may only pay for the amount due using the CREDIT or DEBIT CARD option. Payments done with the EFT PAYMENT OPTION will not be accepted and will not be REFUNDED.
- Once completed you can log out. You will receive an email confirmation of the change.
- All changes will be updated to the system once the Distance Change period closes at the end of September.